25 – 29 May, 1 – 5 June, 15 – 19 June, 22 – 26 June 2015
ESSL Research and Training Centre
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
What is new?
At the 2015 Testbed edition, there will be a number of new Testbed products, in particular a number of new products based on convection permitting NWP, and ensembles of such models. We will also have improved radar products and are investigating the possibility to use polar satellite data for atmospheric soundings. In addition, we are working on improving data visualization. The programme is somewhat altered compared to the previous years. Testbed hours are:
|Monday||14:00 – 19:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 – 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 – 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 – 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 – 13:00|
Please follow these links for:
- the daily blog
- slides about the ESSL Testbed (pdf)
- access to the archived Testbed displays of previous year
- a description of the Testbed concept
- the Testbed Operations Plan of previous year (pdf)
- a presentation about the Testbed (Flash, MPEG)
[thanks to EUMETCAL for the recording]
A good preparation for the Testbed participation are the seminars “Forecasting Severe Convection I” and “Forecasting Severe Convection II”. Click here for more information.
Forecasters and researchers or developers who want to participate in the ESSL Testbed 2015 can register here.
The registration consists of two steps:
- Filling in the registration form (click here)
- Paying the participation fee by Credit Card or bank transfer (see below)
Important: The formal registration has only been completed after the payment has arrived at ESSL.
Registration and Payments is closed for the Testbed 2015. For the ESSL Testbed 2016 payments please proceed to this page.
For enquiries regarding registration, participation and payments, please contact:
For scientific, educational and other matters:
Pieter Groenemeijer or Alois M. Holzer
Tel: +49 151 59031839
Fax: +49 8153 9659 999 11
Terms and Conditions
By registering (which includes paying the fee), you acknowledge that you (the participant) have read and accept the following terms and conditions:
- Following the payment, the participant is advised to save and/or print the automatically displayed preliminary receipt for reference, shown on the webpage or given on the bank account. Due to the legal nature of credit card and wiring payments (e.g. time limits for withdrawal apply), a formal written receipt can only be provided to the participant at the Testbed and cannot be certificated before or after the Testbed.
- Within 14 days after registration has been completed (which includes paying the fee), ESSL will inform participants per e-mail whether they could be scheduled in their indicated week of preference, or in the alternative week they have indicated. If ESSL cannot schedule participation in either of these two weeks, and no other suitable week can be found, ESSL will reimburse the participation fee.
- No other reasons than the above are a valid reason for reimbursement after 1 April 2015. Non-attendance or other reasons on the side of the participant cannot be accepted. No-show due to force majeure on the side of the organizer or the participant do not allow for reimbursement.
- Consequential costs caused by the cancellation of the Testbed or parts thereof cannot be accepted by the organizers.
- The fee includes on-site participation at the ESSL Testbed 2015 during one week from Monday 14:00 till Friday 13:00 and participation in 60 – 90 minute long online sessions broadcast from the Testbed, recommended in the week before the on-site participation. Participants may however join all online sessions of the ESSL Testbed 2015.
- Please be advised that inquiries to the organizers may take a few days to be answered.
- Responsible for the organization of the Testbed is the non-profit organization European Severe Storms Laboratory – Science and Training, Bräunlichgasse 6/6a, Wiener Neustadt, Austria. Director: Pieter Groenemeijer, Director of Operations: Alois M. Holzer. Credit card payments are facilitated by European Severe Storms Laboratory e.V., Münchner Strasse 20, 82234, Wessling, Germany. Regardless of how the payment is made, it constitutes the completion of a sale between the participant and European Severe Storms Laboratory – Science and Training.
The ESSL Testbed is supported by: